Better Writing worksheet
Whenever I meet with clients, I generally ask the same questions. Use these questions to have a meeting with yourself and/or your staff the next time you want to communicate something.
- In a simple sentence (no more than ten words), what message do you want to send?
- Who do you want to say it to?
- Why will they care?
- Which competitors are saying the same thing as you? How are they saying it?
- What’s the single biggest reason your customers will come to you over your competitors?
- What do you want your customers to do after getting your communication?
- What else do they need to know to do it?
Now write! Most of these questions help the reader as well as the writer. Like these questions? Print copies and keep them handy, or come back to this page whenever you need one.